MizzouForward is the boldest investment in our history. This transformational effort will take place over 10 years and includes investments in developing and rewarding our high-performing faculty and staff, recruiting faculty with exceptional research backgrounds, new and renovated spaces and instrumentation for research and more. Read about the efforts in our three areas of focus: faculty excellence, infrastructure growth and student success.
Our efforts and investment to increase faculty excellence will provide additional support and collaboration for faculty across the university with:
- Competitive salaries and startup funds.
- Performance salary increases for faculty and staff.
- New faculty success programs to encourage retention, boost honors and awards and offer additional professional development opportunities.
- Support for proposal development, including pre-award and post-award services.
- New and enhanced postdoctoral programs for improved faculty pipelines.
In addition, faculty and staff recruitment in key areas will provide additional support as we seek to address grand challenges. Learn more about recruitment efforts on the MizzouForward recruitment webpage.
As we seek to improve the experience for faculty, staff and students and forward our research efforts, building a more robust research enterprise is important. Our infrastructure efforts will include investments in:
- Core facility upgrades, high-performance computing and clinical research support.
- Research development and collaboration programs.
- New buildings and upgraded facilities and instruments.
- Strategic industry partnerships, which includes strengthening existing relationships and developing new ones.
The NextGen Precision Health Building is an important investment in interdisciplinary work in the precision health space and collaborative efforts that will help address grand challenges for those in Missouri and beyond. Learn more on the NextGen Precision Health webpage.
As part of Mizzou’s work to strengthen student success, the university is making significant investments to improve undergrad completion rates; placement of undergrad and grad students; student researchers supported by R&D projects and more. Investments include:
- Classroom and lab upgrades as well as new software that enhances classroom experiences and student learning.
- More advising staff support for student development and success.
- Increased support for the Honors College and undergraduate research.
- An emphasis on the Missouri Scholars Academy, a program that brings talented high school juniors from across Missouri to MU for a learning experience.