University leaders and the Division of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity led a virtual panel and Q&A about our work in inclusive excellence on Thursday, July 16, 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Christine Holt, Chief of Staff for UM System President and MU Interim Chancellor, and UM System Interim Chief Diversity Officer
- Mun Choi, UM System President and MU Interim Chancellor
- Latha Ramchand, Provost & Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Maurice Gipson, Vice Chancellor of Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
- Inya Baiye, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Inclusive Excellence and Strategic Initiatives
- NaTashua Davis, Executive Director of Access and Leadership Development
- Bill Stackman, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
The leadership panel will present information regarding Mizzou’s ongoing work and answer questions on topics including:
- Progress toward inclusive excellence since 2015
- Areas for continued improvement
- Next action steps
There will also be an opportunity to hear a summary of the findings and recommendations from a scholarly report by the American Council of Education released on June 22. The University plans further sessions specifically focused on deeper community discussions of the report this fall. Mizzou has participated in this project since 2017 to provide external assessment of the university’s journey in inclusive excellence.